Customer Service Representative – Casual
We have a position available for our busy 24/7 vet clinic. We are a unique business with opportunity to learn and grow. We are looking for someone to begin asap in a casual capacity that is able to work a wide range of days and times.
Our mission is to provide Peace of Mind for our clients – that is, both pet owners of the Hunter and the local vet clinics to have relief for after hours, emergencies and referral services. You will be key to ensuring clients receive gold standard customer service during sometimes very stressful times for pet owners.
- Managing incoming calls & patient enquiries, medical records, test results
- Managing correspondence including mail, email, contributing to newsletters
- Coordinating appointments and calender management for veterinarians
- Billing and financial responsibilities including; banking & reconciliation, processing payments, invoices, receipts & follow up on outstanding accounts
- General admin may include but not restricted to; maintain spreadsheets, database management, process and policy reviews, routine and regular tidy and clean of reception and waiting areas, ordering of stationary, document management
- WHS: Be aware and comply with WHS requirements
- Contribution of patient stories to our newsletters – which could also be used for our social media
- Willingness to be one of our social media admins would be an advantage
- A minimum 2 years previous experience working as a receptionist – health, vet or medical would be an advantage although not essential
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A professional, mature and caring manner
- High level of computer literacy and typing skills
- Ability to work with a positive, ‘nothing is too hard’ attitude
- Outstanding organisational skills with the capacity to work under pressure
Shifts range in times from 6am-3pm or 3pm-midnight including a mix of weekdays and weekends.
Given the nature of our business, flexibility to work a range of these hours is important.
If you are keen to be a part of a highly compassionate and hard working team of veterinarians and vet nurses we would love to hear from you.
Please apply with both CV and cover letter by clicking the ‘I’m Interested’ button below
Scheduling and Payroll Co-ordinator
Are you a roster manager who is a guru problem solver with excellent communication and people skills?
Do you manage to work at a fast pace yet with superior attention to detail?
This role ensures our hard-working shift worker vets and nurses are supported by having a fully staffed team present on shift every day and night. It is a role best suited to someone who enjoys getting to know a large team and working with them to find the right balance for the business of 24/7 animal patient care.
The right fit for our team would be someone who can think outside the box, be comfortable with change, and take a creative and positive approach to problem-solving.
You will be responsible for preparing and managing rosters and schedules for our 90+ employees using Kronos WorkForce Ready and managing a fortnightly payroll using MYOB.
You will report directly to the head of People and Culture in this role; however, you will also work closely with the Vet Director and Practice Manager. You will not have any direct line reporting responsibilities. This role will also include some administrative duties to support the AREC Executive team.
- Ensuring our around the clock shifts are scheduled, employees are rostered onto shifts, and the Hospital is adequately staffed.
- Responsibility for processing online onboarding of new employees
- Responsibility for processing and managing the fortnightly payroll run along with general payroll duties
- Responsibility for general administrative tasks for the Executive team
- Sound IT skills required.
- Ability to use a Scheduling/rostering system essential
- Knowledge of and prior experience using Kronos WorkForce Ready Suite and MYOB will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of the Animal Care and Vet Services Award is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and calculations and ability to produce and manipulate a Microsoft Word document required
- Ability to create and maintain appropriate Hospital policies and procedures relevant to the role
- Prior experience in a Human or Animal Health environment is highly regarded
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a larger team
- Execute strong communication skills in dealings with Shift Worker employees
- Live our Core Values on a daily basis
- Prior Scheduling/rostering experience required
- Prior Payroll experience required
- Outstanding organizational skills with the capacity to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in human or animal health in a scheduling role is highly desired
- Love of animals and the people that care for them is essential
This position is permanent full-time Monday to Friday. Hours can be negotiated for the right candidate. No weekend work is required for this role.
If you have any questions, please email HR@arecvet.com.au.
If you are keen to be a part of a highly compassionate and hard-working team of professionals, we are eager to hear from you!
Please apply with both CV and cover letter by clicking the ‘I’m Interested’ button below.