2018 Positions Vacant
|Veterinary Internships||Yes – 2019|
|Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarians||Yes|
|Specialist Internal Medicine||Yes|
AREC is looking for Veterinary Interns starting January 2019 for 12 months. The position will be rotating through ER, surgery and medicine.
Who are we looking for?
- Preferably a vet with a minimum of 6 months experience, but new graduates will be considered.
- A can-do attitude. You need to demonstrate that you understand it is ok to make mistakes and that our greatest learnings often come from these experiences
- Adaptability to change – we are a hospital still growing and forming and our needs change regularly. Having staff that can embrace change and the opportunities it brings is important to us.
- A desire to constantly learn and be accountable for your own learning.
What is in it for you?
- Working with a close-knit team who are all passionate about what they do and very good at their jobs
- A fantastic learning opportunity across the referral service at AREC and the chance to develop a professional relationship with our referral vets.
- A mentor and manager who is one of our Vet Team Leaders, working with you on the floor
- Training in consulting techniques, workplace wellness/mental health and communication training.
- The Animal Referral and Emergency Centre has been an established After Hours Emergency Centre for the past 12 years. In the last few years we have expanded to offer day time specialist and referral services. We have long term relationships with the general practices in the Newcastle and surrounding areas, so it’s important that our care and communication is of the highest level, to enable these relationships to continue into the future.
- We have a recently renovated hospital and last year achieved the ASAVA Hospital of Excellence award. We need someone that can adapt to a constantly changing environment, provide input and feedback and help us grow into the future.
- Our team is important to us, we come from a diverse range of backgrounds but at work our decisions and behaviour are governed by our core value of Respect, shown through Diligence, Professionalism, Excellence, Empathy and Integrity.
- We have found people really feel like they know us better once they have watched our Video “Who We Are & What We Do” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAMYJjKiobU&t=46s
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarian
We will work collaboratively with you!
Available hours include mixes of full time, part time, casual & locum
- Keep a cool head during emergencies
- Take delight in keeping clients happy and ensuring their needs are met
- Write detailed medical records
- Like to give input and receive feedback in a continually evolving environment
- Believe learning never stops
- Can share your knowledge and help others grow
- Are able to adapt to change
- Thrive on adrenaline
AREC has been an established After Hours Emergency Centre for over 13 years. We continue to grow and now also offer day time specialist and referral services.
We have long term relationships with the general practices in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Lower Hunter and North Coast.
It’s therefore important that our medicine, care and communication is of the highest level to enable these relationships to continue into the future
We have a newly renovated hospital and in 2016 achieved the ASAVA Hospital of Excellence award. Our team is important to us, we come from a diverse range of backgrounds but at work our decisions and behaviour are governed by our core value of Respect, shown through Diligence, Professionalism, Excellence, Empathy and Integrity.
About the job:
- You’ll have to work overnights, weekends and Public Holidays – because that’s when the most fun happens!
- You have the ability to find out what the client needs, even when they are distressed
- Communication skills to clearly present a treatment plan and cost estimates
- Ability to care for patients and pet owners
- Triage a busy hospital to provide appropriate care to inpatients
- Ensure appropriate diagnostics are requested and results interpreted and recorded
- Communicate patient progress to staff, clients, and referral hospitals
- Handle patients in line with our “Low Stress Handling” techniques
AREC can offer:
- You will grow amd develop personally and professionally
- Continuing Education Allowance and Study Leave for permanent staff
- Above award remuneration
- We’re innovative and well resourced. We like toys and gadgets, and have all the usual, plus extras like a CT machine.
- A modern workplace with an ethical framework
- We’re a team, we all pitch in to get the job done and have fun while we’re doing it
and cake, lots of cake….
If this interests you, please contact Natsuko Kitamura 0432 454 422, or simply click the button below to begin your application.
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarian – Locum
AREC requires a Full time or Part Time, Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarians
- Have all the qualities listed above in the position for our Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarians.
AREC can also offer:
- Full time or flexible hours available. Days, nights, weekends and Public Holidays
- Accommodation provided near the hospital.
If this interests you, please contact Natsuko Kitamura or call to chat 0432 454 422
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Nurse
We currently do not have any positions available for vet nurses. However, we are always interested to hear from experienced, motivated and qualified people. We welcome you to submit your CV by clicking the below button. In the event that a position becomes available, we regularly review these records for suitable candidates.
Veterinary Nurse – Animal Attendant
These positions are ideal for GP nurses who don’t yet have the experience and skills required to be one of our Emergency & Critical Care Nurses – yet are keen to progress your career path in this direction.
We currently do not have any positions available for animal attendants. However, we are always interested to hear from experienced, motivated and qualified people. We welcome you to submit your CV by clicking the below button. In the event that a position becomes available, we regularly review these records for suitable candidates.