- Internal Medicine
Approved sponsorship available and relocation allowance
Hear from vets who have both settled in our region and worked whilst traveling;
The Animal Referral and Emergency Centre has been an established After Hours Emergency Centre for the past 15 years. More recently we have expanded to offer day time specialist and referral services (Surgery, Critical Care, Dermatology, Rehab & Physio). We have long term relationships with the general practices in the Newcastle and surrounding areas so it’s important that our medicine, care and communication is of the highest level to enable these relationships to continue into the future.
We have a recently renovated hospital and have achieved the ASAV Hospital of Excellence award. We need someone that can adapt to a constantly changing environment, provide input and feedback and help us grow into the future.
We come from a diverse range of backgrounds and our decisions and behaviour are governed by our core value of Respect, shown through Diligence, Professionalism, Excellence, Empathy and Integrity.
What do we do well?
- The ability to find out what the client needs, even when they are distressed
- The communication skills to clearly present a treatment plan.
- The ability to care for patients and pet owners
- Triage a busy hospital to provide appropriate care to inpatients
- Ensure appropriate diagnostics are requested and results interpreted and recorded
- Communicate patient progress to staff, clients and referral hospitals
What’s in it for you?
- Remuneration to be discussed individually
- Approved Sponsorship available and Relocation Allowance
To further discuss, please speak to our Vet Director Caroline Romeo on +61 2 4957 7106, or simply click the button below to begin your application.