We have a variety of emergency veterinarian locum positions for the remainder of 2020.
We are keen to hear from veterinarians who may be interested in exploring all the wonderful regions of Newcastle, Hunter Valley & Lake Macquarie.
Who we are:
The Newcastle Animal Referral & Emergency Centre (AREC) is a 10 vet, 24/7 referral and emergency practice based in in the Newcastle area, and currently cater to 75+ referring hospitals within our catchment region and the nearest specialist centre is >2hrs away.
We have a great hospital and have achieved the ASAVA Hospital of Excellence award. Our founding veterinarian, Dr David Tabrett, was also awarded Veterinarian of the Year in 2017.
The onsite arsenal you will have at your disposal will include CT imaging (GE Lightspeed 4), endoscopy (Olympus Exera Evis), digital x-ray (Fujifilm FCR prima), Ultrasound (MyLab 70 – Vet XV), and your typical in house pathology (Vet Scan HM5, Vetscan VS2, Vetscan VSPro, iStat, lactate monitor…)
The existing team consists of surgeon, visiting specialist dermatologist, specialist critical care, and a referral rehabilitation veterinarian, supported by 6.5 full time equivalent emergency vets and 18 nurses plus casual and part time, and support staff coming from a diverse range of backgrounds but we share our fundamental Core Value of Respect, shown through Diligence, Empathy, Excellence, Integrity and Professionalism
Who are we are looking for?
- We need someone that can adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Roster includes weekend, night shifts and public holidays.
- Some sole charge. .
- Accommodation provided near hospital. This is a 3 bedroom locum house a short distance from our Emergency hospital (driving or cycling distance).
- Vehicle negotiable.
- Approved sponsorship available and relocation allowance
- Flights negotiable if applicable.
- Varied time slots available and we can be flexible. However, we are also looking for someone to begin immediately until the end of November.
To further discuss, please speak to Nicole Ottery on +61 2 4957 7106, or simply click the button below to begin your application.