General rule: MRI is much more sensitive, but CT is more specific
- Siemens MAGNETOM Prisma 3T scanner
- From $2700
- Best for nervous syste – brain and spial cord lesions including GME/MUO – type lesions and vascular accidents (strokes)
- Soft tissue tumours – specifically margins, vascular invasion (adrenal tumours)
- GE Light Speed
- From $1450
- Best for hard tissue – bone, nasal disease, spine and skull
- Great for lung disease
- Whole body “cancer hunts”
- Excellent for contrast studies such as porto-systemic shunts, intravenous pyelograms
By referring, and in consultation with, our referral veterinarians,
Dr Geoff Gibbons (Specialist Internal Medicine) & Dr Julian Lunn (Small Animal Surgeon).
If you have a patient who you believe requires advanced imaging, please either call to discuss, or complete the online referral form.