We are seeking …..
Board certified or Fellow in small animal surgery.
Registrars? Hit us up, we are interested in talking.
We will fly you here for a visit – stay a day or a week – on us and learn what we have to offer.
Newcastle as a home:
- A large modern city with less hustle and bustle you would expect for its size, situated 2 hours north of Sydney, less than an hour drive to the famous Hunter wine region, surrounded by national parks and forests, bordered by beaches, bays, the Hunter River and Lake Macquarie.It boasts one of Australia’s leading universities, busiest ports and home of the Newcastle Knights (Rugby League) and Newcastle Jets (Football). Like any large modern city, contains all the amenities of one with a variety of schools, shopping centres, health services, and sport organisations.
- We don’t have Sydney’s traffic, Melbourne’s cold, Adelaide’s heat nor Brisbane’s thunderstorms!
- We do have great facilities, great employment opportunities for family, and most of all a lifestyle bar none:
What does our team say about our workplace?
Why is AREC a great place to work?
- Dedicated, highly skilled veterinary nursing team
- Veterinary interns
- Experienced, sociable and committed veterinary colleagues willing to support you
- Highly experienced management team and front of house staff
Why should I work for AREC instead of somewhere else?
- Lifestyle – see above and below info and videos
- 24 hour care for surgical patients
- Surgical equipment, in house CT and access to high field MRI
AREC is a workplace that is open, friendly and dedicated to excellence in veterinary care with the freedom to run the service as you see fit. There are opportunities to expand the service and offer training to highly motivated young vets that are just starting their journeys. All in a city with the features of a major capital city but none of the hassles like parking at the beach, peak-hour traffic or parking inspectors (or at least they are rarely out….not like Waverly Council where they hide in the bushes)
What’s in it for me?
Freedom to run a surgical service with work place flexibility in terms of the working week
- No after-hours although being contactable for current in hospital cases is important
- Excellent, well-educated clientele that are committed
- Life outside of work
What we can offer you
- Full time employment, with flexibility on days and times.
- Remuneration will be base salary of $160k pa PLUS % of your productivity, PLUS profit share plan, PLUS 10% superannuation (estimated $200-250k pa)
- Sign on bonus – $20k with $10k on signing and $5k at 6 & 12 months
- Relocation expenses – we will pay all relocation expenses to $10k.
- Rent-free accommodation to get you started
- Professional fees
- Membership fees
- Continuing education costs and study leave
- For international applicants, sponsorship is available. We are an approved business sponsor so ready to go. If you are coming from overseas, all quarantine costs in Australia are covered by us.
For further information about Newcastle please see:
- Newcastle City Council Tourism: http://www.visitnewcastle.com.au/pages/welcome-to-newcastle/
- Newcastle City Council: http://www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au/home
- University of Newcastle Relocation Brochure
If you think that you might be what we are looking for, please contact Dr David Tabrett (0439 577 107 email@example.com), or leave your details below and he will be in touch
Interested? Want to chat?