Emergency & Critical Care Vet Nurse Positions
Does the thrill of never knowing exactly what kind of patient is going to walk through the door each night excite you?
You will be working alongside our team of Emergency and Critical Care staff with the view of progressing (with training) into sole charge emergency nursing shifts. This position would be suitable for nurses with previous experience in this role or those who are looking for a new direction with their nursing.
These positions are ideal for experienced GP nurses looking to develop their skills, or for experienced nurses looking for a change.
- Minimum 3 years GP experience in a busy practice.
- Experience in working both sole charge and in a team.
- Positive outlook.
- Flexibility to work some Public Holidays, Weekends, Overnights (eg 8pm until 6am).
- Confident in your basic nursing skills.
- A willingness to learn.
- Ability to stay calm in a busy environment
- A drive to experience something new and challenging
- Certificate IV or equivalent in Veterinary Nursing
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
About the job:
- intravenous catheter placement, intravenous blood samples, assisting with radiographs, bandaging, monitoring anaesthetics.
- Ensure appropriate diagnostics are performed and results recorded and communicated
- Advanced nursing techniques such as ventilator care
- Communicate patient progress to staff, clients and referral hospitals
- Assisting other nurses and doctor
- Reception Duties
- Handle patients in line with our “Low Stress Handling” Techniques
AREC can offer:
- On-the-job training of more advanced Nursing Procedures
- Continuing Education Allowance and Study Leave for permanent staff
- Above award remuneration – our overnight penalty rates are especially attractive/competitive!
- We like toys and gadgets, and have all the usual, plus extras like a CT machine.
- A modern workplace with an ethical framework
- We’re a team, we all pitch in to get the job done and have fun while we’re doing it
Please talk to us about your interest in either full time, part time or casual positions.
** Please note, casual position requirements are a minimum of 2 shifts per month and include overnight shifts.